Friday, June 13, 2008

In Washington DC

I did make it to Washington DC this morning. My flight was quick at just over an hour from Indianapolis to Ronald Reagan National Airport. It was neat flying in because I saw the Pentagon, Jefferson Memorial, and Washington Monument (It has been more than 17 years since I have visited this city.). This airport is certainly close to the city because you really swoop around the Pentagon before then landing at the airport which is right next door. I took the DC Metro into the city and followed my directions and map to my hotel. When I popped out of the metro exit, I was greeted with a familiar sight from my travels last year—Chinatown!
So, now I am just getting set here in my hotel before heading back out to the Goethe-Institut. It is only a few blocks away, so it should be a quick walk. I do know that I will walk right past the National Public Radio building on my way, so that might be nice to see. We will have a few hours of orientation, and then dinner before heading back to the hotel. It will be fun I think to meet my fellow travelers since I will be spending quite a bit of time with them over the next two weeks. I will post again this evening after my activities for the day are finished. Enjoy a picture of my first glimpse of Washington DC from the ground!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I think our family vacation to Washington, D.C. was in 1990. All that walking should seem familiar. Did you miss Linda's whining?
Love, MOM